Sydney To Batemans Bay Road Trip [What To See On Way]
What To See On Way On Your Holiday Road Trip To Batemans Bay
Batemans Bay is the perfect holiday getaway for friends or a family holiday to reconnect, relax & enjoy time together. An easy drive from Sydney and takes approximately 4 hours (280km) or from Canberra 2hrs (148 km).
So many things to see and explore along the way of your scenic coastal road trip from Sydney to Batemans Bay ...
Royal National Park : Established in 1879, is Australia's oldest Heritage listed national park. Trails crisscross the park. One path leads to Bungoona Lookout,(48mins from Sydney) is easy wheelchair access with views of Hacking River. The Uloola track showcases spring wildflowers and passes Uloola Falls. The park is inhabited by kookaburras, lyre birds and echidnas.
The heritage-listed Royal National Park offers a range of recreational activities – including bushwalking and cycling. Cycling is permitted on all 4WD tracks (known as fire or management trails) which are closed for public vehicles. (Check maps)
Heathcote National Park : 35km south of Sydney. No private vehicle access permitted. A great place for hiking and camping. Its landscape consists of rainforests, rock formations and lakes that are home to a variety of fauna and flora. Visit in spring to see blooming Gymea lilies give a scarlet glow to the gullies.
Grand Pacific Drive : Scenic drive starting in Royal National Park it crosses the Sea Cliff Bridge and continues through Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, and the Shoalhaven on a total length of 140 kilometres
Bulli : Top attractions to visit are: Bulli Beach. Illawarra Grevillea Park. Bulli Showground Markets. McCauley's Beach. Black Diamond Heritage Centre.
- The Bulli Black Diamond Museum and Heritage Centre focuses on three aspects of local history - trains, coal, and the social history of the "black diamond district"
- Illawarra Grevillea Park Bulli - Large colourful display gardens with grevilleas and other native species and hybrids, rain forest walk, a bushwalking track, barbecue and picnic facilities, native plants for sale and advice on growing native plants and birdwatching.
- Sublime Point Lookout Bulli - Offers 180 degree views over the sea, the rainforest and the 17 beaches that span the coastline to Wollongong. Sublime Point track covers a distance of 850 metres - difficulty rating hard, suggested walk time of 45 minutes. A series of steel ladders assist walkers up the jagged cliff lines near the top of the climb.
Wollongong for fresh seafood, lookouts, scenic coastal walks, lighthouses, and more.
Wollongong Harbour is the only point on the eastern coast of Australia which has two lighthouses.
“A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together…” Tom Liehtenheld
Shellharbour : Enjoy the beaches, detour to a fun filled day with the kids at Jamberoo Action Park a large and expansive themed water park or Minnamurra Rainforest which is like a Jurassic landscape that time forgot, from family-friendly walks to clifftop treks.
- Carrington Falls - Located in Budderoo National Park, the spectacular Carrington Falls waterfall drop over 50 metres down into the Kangaroo River.
Well developed walking trails with access to several lookouts.
The main visitor areas of Budderoo National Park are Minnamurra Rainforest Centre near Jamberoo and Carrington Falls near Robertson. Both are accessed via Jamberoo Mountain Road.
- Kiama Blowhole is the largest in the world and you're in for a treat when the swell is running from the south-east with plumes of water recorded at heights of over 30 metres!
- The Kiama Seaside Markets - Open 9am-3pm Third Sunday of Every Month (Monday 5 April 2021 (Easter Market) Sunday 18th April 2021 & Sunday 16th May 2021.
Handcrafted gifts, locally designed clothing, jewellery, art, vintage and up cycled products, holistic health and wellness products and unique locally sourced, designed and created products.
Seven Mile Beach National Park offers a great day out for the whole family between Kiama and Nowra. This level walk wanders among forest of majestic blackbutt trees.
Jervis Bay - Explore the world's whitest sand beach at Hyams Beach renowned for its pristine, powdery white sand which is so fine it 'squeaks'. Hyams Beach trail, also known as the Bird Spotter's walk is great for birdwatching in Jervis Bay National Park with signs to explain the birds you’ll see and hear along the way.
Meaning of Holiday.... "An extended period of leisure and recreation, especially one spent away from home or in travelling".
Lake Conjola and Ulladulla - Explore National Parks, lakes, birdwatch, whale watch (during migration season), camping, and more. Lake Conjola is a popular tourist destination for boaters and fisherman. Hire a boat, kayak or stand-up paddle board.
- Ulladulla is famous for seafood and picturesque harbour, gourmet delights, natural beauty, interesting galleries and surf shops.
- Meroo National Park is coastal and near Ulladulla and Batemans Bay, for fishing, walking, paddling, birdwatching, cycling and camping Go exploring around Meroo Lake or wander up to Meroo Head Lookout for some amazing coastal views.
It’s a great spot for bird and whale watching. Wildflowers are spectacular in Spring with rare orchids and pink flowering blueberry ash and towering eucalypts.
- Murramarang National Park - Follows the coastline from Long Beach north to Merry Beach near Ulladulla and surrounded by three state forests, Kioloa, South Brooman, and Benandarrah.
Keen bushwalker? Kioloa Trails Figure 8, Myrtle Beach and Headland Walking Track, Murramarang Aboriginal Area Track and....
- Pretty Beach and Snapper Point Loop features beautiful wild flowers and good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking.
- Durras Discovery Trail is a 1.6 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail that offers the chance to see wildlife and good for all skill levels. Primarily used for walking and nature trips.
Batemans Bay - You have now reached your holiday destination at Batemans Bay which is a great holiday destination for fresh seafood including oysters, magnificent beaches, nature in abundance, land activities including walks, whale watching, kayaking, canoeing, snorkelling, surfing, fishing and many attractions.
Looking for affordable accommodation in Batemans Bay? Book your Batemans Bay affordable holiday accommodation Today.... (02) 4472 4972
Connect with us on Facebook